You are in: Home
- July 2009 - Definitions update: Ratification processed completed, base of the Quaternary and the Pleistocene at 2.6 Ma
- Nov 2008 - Definitions update: Base of the Holocene ratified at 11.7 ka (11,702 b2k)
- June 2008 - New publications:
- Book The Concise Geologic Time Scale by Ogg, J.G., Ogg, G. & Gradstein, F.M. (eds) 2008. University Press: Cambridge.
Includes Ch. 15 Quaternary by P.L. Gibbard, K.M. Cohen & J. Ogg.
- Episodes issue The Quaternary, special issue, Episodes 31(2).
Contains 15 papers on variety of Quaternary topics (stratigraphy, climate, palaeohumans, definitions).
More stratigraphical news
- See IUGS' ICS' www.stratigraphy.org
Contains the International Stratigraphic Guide, an abridged version developed to promote international agreement on principles of stratigraphic classification and to develop an internationally acceptable stratigraphic terminology and rules of procedure.
- See the webpage of INQUA
- INQUA Commission on Stratigraphy and Chronology (INQUA-SACCOM) website
- INQUA Section (Subcommission) on European Quaternary Stratigraphy (INQUA-SEQS) website
- INQUA Section (Subcommission) on Asian Quaternary Stratigraphy (INQUA-SAQS) website